A Culinary Approach to an Environmental Problem
Come sample Silver Carp at the Culinary Development Kitchen on Tuesday, February 10 from 12:00-1:30pm! Multiple dishes will be served that feature the carp.
What is a Silver Carp? Silver carp are a delicious, healthy, and inexpensive food choice that…
- Has a mild, not fishy flavor – tastes better than catfish!
- Minced product is 100% boneless
- Safe for human consumption (silver carp are mid-stream, not bottom-feeders)
- Low in chemical compounds and toxins – far less Mercury than found in tuna
- Schafer Fisheries is a USDA / FDA approved supplier (HACCP #4034-092600-99323)
- High in protein, low in fat and calories per serving
- Cost much less than other sources of protein such as beef, pork, or chicken
- Low carbon footprint
- regionally-sourced food from Midwest rivers