Campus Dining Services Internship | June 4, 2018 – July 27, 2018Gain first-hand information about management careers in college and university food service.
- Our program is designed to help you gain first-hand information about management careers in college and university food service. We develop the program around goals of the interns while still introducing the intern to all the aspects of food service management.
- This eight-week internship is a paid internship – $1,600 (paid in two installments of $800 each). Campus Dining Services provides the interns with an individual room (usually within a suite) on campus in one of the residence halls and all meals while working, as well as a dining plan and Tiger Cash to use when not working. Travel costs are the responsibility of the interns.
- During the first four weeks, the interns complete rotations through full-time positions while working side-by-side with staff members. Also during the first four weeks, the interns job shadow management staff, meet with support staff (including a registered dietitian and executive chef), start planning a special event, tour various facilities, and work in both residential facilities and retail operations (including restaurants, convenience stores, and coffee shops). The interns are assigned a business plan to complete and present at the end of the eight-week internship.
- During the second four weeks, the interns focus on supervision by managing alongside a management team member in an operation. The interns continue to work on and then present their business plan and special event.
- The interns are scheduled to be on assignment five days a week (may include weekends). Rotations are scheduled at various times throughout the day and week.
- The University of Missouri is located in Columbia, Missouri. Columbia is a unique city, combining the quality and culture of larger metropolitan areas with the warm hospitality of the Midwest. There are a variety of activities and events held throughout Columbia during the summer. Columbia is located midway between St. Louis and Kansas City. Take an online tour of MU by visiting this website: https://admissions.missouri.edu/online-tour/.
To apply for a Campus Dining Service Foodservice Management Internship, please fill out the form below. Applications with supporting documents should be submitted by March 1, 2018. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Questions should be directed to Debbie Laupp at firstname.lastname@example.org.