Special Dietary Needs
Campus Dining Services strives to provide choices at every location that can meet a wide variety of dietary practices, restrictions, and food allergies. If you have a specific concern or question about what is available, please contact us. To request a consultation, please fill out the form on this page which will put you in contact with department dietitian, Kristen Hasan. If your condition is disabling or potentially disabling and requires accommodations to the dining plan, you should apply for accommodations through with the Disability Center (882-4696 or email@example.com ). Below is the process we follow to provide accommodations:
- The student completes a New Student Application with the Disability Center and meets with an Access Advisor to determine reasonable accommodations.
- The Disability Center notifies Kristen of requested and approved accommodations.
- The student fills out the form on this page.
- Once submitted, department dietitian Kristen Hasan contacts the student to set a meeting to discuss and develop a plan. At this time, Kristen educates the student about Zoutrition and how it relates to their specific needs.
- Kristen records more information about the plan and the student’s condition and shares it with any dining location the student desires.
- Based on the student’s residence or dining preferences, the student and Kristen tour the dining facility location the student thinks they will use most frequently. At that time, the student meets unit management staff, including their unit dietitian or sous chef, if available, and full time food preparation and service staff. The tour includes areas to use or avoid and discussion of specific menu items related to the student’s condition.
- Kristen regularly contacts the student throughout the semester for updates and feedback.
- It is the student’s responsibility to maintain consistent communication with unit management and Kristen to ensure consistent availability of requested items. Failure to communicate may result in the discontinuation of special purchases.
Campus Dining Services provides training to staff on handling special dietary needs. However, with the continuous addition of new staff, we encourage students to direct all questions to management and those they are introduced to at the time of the tour to ensure accuracy of information.
Meet the Dietitian
Hi, I’m Kristen Hasan and I am Campus Dining Services’ department dietitian. I have been part of Campus Dining Services for more than 10 years. I graduated from the University of Missouri in 2005 and became a Registered Dietitian. After three years of working with the department, I returned to school while working full time to obtain my Master’s degree in Public Health. I have been part of several management teams on campus including Plaza 900, Pavilion at Dobbs and the Student Center. My professional interests include special diet and allergy management, menu development, and nutrition education for students, staff, and faculty.